Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What Do You Have to Offer?

Often we can fall into the trap of thinking that we don't have anything to offer.  Have you been there?  I believe that comes when we compare ourselves to others.   It seems that everybody else got all the talent and I just got leftovers. It seems that every other woman has so much class and here I am, perfectly comfortable in my jeans and t-shirt.  But it's okay. It's me.

It used to eat me up that "compared to everybody else" I had nothing to offer. That is completely untrue I am learning. I love how it takes all of us to make things work.   There are people that I will never be able to reach and relate to with the knowledge I have. I need everyone around me to cover the bases that I can't.   However, there are people that only I can reach through my life experiences and my quirky personality. So ya'll need me too.

It is kind of a tag team situation. I am very keen on the gifts of my friends. So when someone comes to me needing something that I cannot fulfill , I have a wealth of resources to which  I can direct people.  There have been people directed to me as well for the same reason. 

Instead of getting jealous of the gifts of others and falling into the self pity trap, let's work together. Get to know the people around you so that you understand what they have to offer and what resource category they can fill for  you.   Learn to appreciate their gifts and learn to recognize your own. The Bible says that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Claim that and live like it! 

2 comments: