Saturday, January 23, 2016

REFLECTIONS



Shimmering

Blurry

Never staying still

Distortions of reality

Reversed

SPLASH!   Gone

Wait with Patience

Try to Decipher it again

Can we trust the reflections of our minds?!


Most of my poetry follows a very rhythmic pattern, but sometimes I just like to sit back and observe something and write down the first words that come to my mind and then see if it relates to anything in life.   This one I actually jotted down on an envelope while I was watching my kids play at the swimming pool. I focused on the water and all the activity that was going on in it.   So much activity goes on in our minds on a day to day basis. Trying to remember something from years ago can be difficult, and it made me wonder how well we can trust our memories after they have been jumbled with everything else our brain is expected to sort out.  The attached picture I took at the Boise Zoo and was amazed at vividness of the reflection. In fact when I had it printed, I had a hard time knowing which end was land and which was water. Upon further examination , however, I was able to pick out certain objects that were not in the reflection.  It was very intriguing to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment