Thursday, February 4, 2016

Kids


"Let's adopt!" my sweet husband exclaims one day.
"Are you afraid to be alone with me?" I ask.
"Well then, how about goats, what do ya say?"
"Not much difference. Are you up for the task?"

More truth in my words than I really knew
and I realized there's a reason they're called kids.
Not sure if they're hungry? They'll give you a clue. 
Cries and screams force you to answer their bids.

Up early morning, playing late at night, 
romping, exploring, escaping and such. 
Kicking and biting and trying to fight, 
but when they are sleeping, I love them so much!

And then they grow up and settle right down.
The time flies by and your heart starts to sink.
He says, "It's kinda fun having them around." 
"Do you want to adopt?" I ask with a wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment