Tuesday, March 8, 2016

B-L-E-S-S-E-D!

Do you know why I love my family? Because they are always so helpful when I am in a tough spot. My husband was thoughtful enough to ask how my blogging was coming tonight and I admitted it had been a few days since I wrote anything for it and was going to tonight but could not think of anything to write. He offered the suggestion of writing about how cool he was to which my 17 year old said, "You could write about how cool all three of us are." That was simple. I am always telling people to write, it doesn't matter what you write, just write. So I sat down and my fingers are a-flyin'.

I am blessed. I can never deny that.  My husband is super cool. He is the spiritual leader of our home, he is a good dad and a good husband. He is always looking for joining in on the interests of me and the kids, so needless to say he stays quite busy. But it doesn't stop there for him. He is a pastor which means he also has to zone in on the interests of others in the congregation, be perceptive to their needs physically and spiritually.  We also have a good sized group of kids at the church that he enjoys supporting their interests of sports and activities. Between all of that, he works side jobs. Many times he will take us with him.  He calls it bonding time. It may not be our first choice to spend the day in that form, but we know it helps him and he goes above and beyond for us and we actually do end up having a lot of laughs.

My husband is very much into "bonding time". Yard work becomes bonding time along with working on the car. He balances it out, though, and has gotten us all obsessed with jigsaw puzzles. Anything that gets us all in a group together qualifies as bonding. My husband has a special way of drawing information out of each of us and getting rich conversations started.  Some of our deepest conversations have occurred in our backyard around the fire pit which have become known as....you guessed it..."bond fires". Break out the wienies and the marshmellows and the philosophical discussions and we all go to bed richly blessed!

To honor my teen's suggestion, I want to say how blessed I am to be a mom of seven kids. We have the beauty of the blended family with his, hers and ours but we have left the labels outside.  With five boys and two girls in the mix, there was NEVER a dull moment. It has been quite the journey watching them grow up and become productive members of society, making grown-up decisions, setting grown-up boundaries and starting their own families. I have been blessed by the fact that all of the kids have always been extremely polite. I don't remember teaching them that so think some of it was knit into them. Also, our kids have always been very respectful to us as parents. They are helpful and no matter what meal I make for them, whether it is steak and potatoes or macaroni and cheese I ALWAYS hear, "Good dinner, Mom!"

We are down to two at home now and I am wanting to stretch it out as long as I possibly can. All of the kids have provided so many precious precious memories for me. I love seeing my kids smile and interact with each other now that they are older.  But the fun doesn't end there...because now I have the grandbabies and feel like I get to start all over again!!

So there, I can now let my family know that I wrote about how cool they all are!  B-L-E-S-S-E-D!

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.

2 comments: