Sunday, March 27, 2016

IMPACT!

We were singing a song in church last Sunday. It is not one I am particularly fond of. I know, that sounds sacrilegious, doesn’t it? I smiled as they congregation started singing it, I closed my eyes, and focused on the words.   By the time we were done singing, I was praising God in my heart for the message he had given to me through that song. 

It was calling women from the church to minister to broken hearts, assuring them of God’s healing power!  It reminded me of the impact we can make for God’s Kingdom in the lives of other women. As a pastor’s wife, I see many hurting women walk through the doors of the church. I see how overwhelming life can be for them. They need a listening ear, someone who can show them where the healing begins.

This section of scripture has proved itself true over and over in my life. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7(KJV) Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation. And our hope of you is steadfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.

I have been able to recognize that the reason I have gone through certain tribulations was so that I could be equipped to help women who have come across my path that are going through the same situation.  I was able to relate to them on a more personal level. I was able to encourage them to keep going and that they were going to be victorious in the end! We all need to be encouraged.

I was having a hard time understanding verse 6 wondering how  our affliction could be for the consolation and salvation of others until I had dinner with a new friend one night. She had been in a horrible car accident when she was a teenager. I asked her if she had ever asked God, “Why?” Without hesitating, she told me that she hadn’t ever questioned it and later found out that because of her story, other people came to salvation. It all came together!  My husband has reminded me a couple of times through our trials that people would be watching how we would react. That seems like a lot of pressure at times, but when you consider how it may impact another person’s life and walk with God, it is worth being under that pressure.

Make an impact in your own sphere of influence! Lately God has given me the awesome opportunity of making an impact in the lives of children, many of them little girls (our future women. I love that God has given me the privilege of being able to introduce these little ones to the Lover of their souls and look forward to watching them grow so that they can their faith with others!

IMPACT! 


Follow me on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment