Friday, February 26, 2016

Refrigerator of Memories


I LOVE the person who created the refrigerator! Oh, yes, those of you who know me know that I love to eat. However, that is not the reason I adore my fridge. I think the person who invented the refrigerator was a mom and/or a grandma. They intentionally made it magnetic so that all sorts of nonperishable items could be attached on the outside of it. These items are not things that will make your belly full, but things that will make your heart full!

My piles of papers tend to get completely out of control. I know if I put certain things in a pile, we will never see them again. I like to have them right under my nose,so I hang them on the refrigerator. I approach that appliance several times a day so it only makes sense to have that as my reminder zone. The youth group schedule  is hung there so that every week we can quickly see what the boys will be doing. Our sports schedule is definitely to be posted there since we have several events a week involving that with practice and games and meetings.

We add the fun little magnets with special sayings, but they serve an even more important purpose: holding our memories in place.   They secure the pictures of our children, our grandbabies, our church "kids", and of course the masterpieces that our grandchildren make for us.  We have a 9 year old granddaughter and when she is turned loose with the magnetic letters, we always have a special message in place to surprise us.

Every time I go to the refrigerator I am met with smiling faces, beautiful memories, and works of art that touch my soul!

Building Memories!

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment